Thursday, July 26, 2007

Things are getting hectic...

Well it is only 3 weeks until I go to England and I haven't even started to think about what it is that I am going to take with me. Mum keeps telling me to pack light as we will probably buy heaps of stuff while we are away and she wants to make sure that we have plenty of room to bring it all home.

I still have to go out and buy new clothes as I don't have anything that fits me that will be suitable because I have gone from a size 14-16 down to a size 10-12. Luckily my Mum and I are about the same size now so I think I will be pinching a few of her things to wear.

I have so much that I need to get ready, arrrrgggghhhh am I going to have the time to do it all. I will certainly try.

Take care,
Gypsy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gyps! bet your getting excited now! Im sooo envious! i wanna travel more - lol!

congrats on the weight loss too! i know how hard it is and youve done a great job!

glad to hear the concert was good!

chat soon,
Maz
xxx

July 28, 2007 at 12:51 AM  
Blogger Narelle Pearce aka Sassyscrap said...

Hi Gypsy,

Narelle from Bonscraps here and you have been TAGGED!! Just pop into my BLOG for info. You are so lucky to be going overseas YEAH, how exciting. Oh and I love Christina and your Blog is gr8 x

July 28, 2007 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Jirya said...

Hey! England! That's so awesome! I went there in 1996 with my Dad as my 16th birthday present.

Are you going to any of the areas under water? I hear that Oxford flooded the other day - it seems bad over there. But, they just had on the news that most areas will have running water back by the end of the week. Make sure you have bottled water with you at all times - their water is not for cooking or drinking in most areas at the moment.

A couple of things I would recommend - buy a wallet/purse over there. Same with going to any country, the wallets/purses are designed to go with the money of that country, and so handle it better. Different size, different shape and weight etc. Also, you'll be using your money more cos you're on holiday, your normal purse may not be up for the wear and tear.

And secondly - take a good range of clothes (I'm sure you already know this :) ) Temperatures may not be what you expect, and some areas are colder than others. Then again, the chance of a heat wave are pretty high too.

Other than all that - make sure you go to the Castles! They are everywhere, but each one is different. Bodiam Castle was one of my favourites...and Cardiff Castle.

Anyway, Good luck and have fun!

ooops...sorry for the long comment!

July 30, 2007 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger mum-on-the-run said...

Hi Gypsy,

Hope you have a fabulous time here in England! The weather's quite changeble ATM, there's currently a heatwave down South!! It's currently quite rainy up here in Manchester. Pleeeeease being some sun with you :D

August 5, 2007 at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home