Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Leeds Carnival ~ Just like Mardi Gra....

Had a fabulous time out at Leeds Carnival yesterday. It is just like a big street parade with floats and everyone dressed in beautiful costumes it was like being at Mardi Gra in the Carribean. Everywhere that you walked you could smell all the lovely foods cooking with an international flavour, you could also smell lots of pot. I was shocked to see that people were just sitting around and smoking it like a cigarette and the police were walking about and they just allow it to happen.

I will be uploading some photo's this Friday from my cousins place when I have a chance to upload them to the computer.

I am finding it really hard not having the internet at my fingertips and not being able to chat with my friends online on a daily basis. We have finally managed to find internet access at the local library where we can use the internet for free and it is only about a 10 minute walk from where we are staying.

We have been doing lots of walking as it is hard to get around in the car because there is so much traffic. It is far worse than it is in Australia and they drive very fast doing about 150klm on the motorways. I am so surprised that there aren't more accidents.

I have seen lots of old buildings but no castles as yet, hopefully when we go to Scotland we will see a few then.

Next week we are off to Derbyshire which is such a pretty place, we will be doing some family tree research there and then we are off to London on the weekend to see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and a Stage Show.

Well I better go then as I have been on this computer for ages.

Hugs
Gypsy
xoxox

Don't forget to leave me a message to let me know that you have dropped by.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Jamieson said...

Wow...You are seeing heaps, by the sounds of it! Is it cold?

Can't wait to see some pics!

Have a great time. Hope DH is coping ok!

Chelle Xx

August 29, 2007 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Scrappylicious said...

Sounds like your having a great time and I can't wait to see some pics when you upload them :)

September 2, 2007 at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home